BJM Pumps expands the hydraulic coverage of its new SKG High Performance Shredding Pumps by offering three impeller sizes for each model. Each pump will now offer two impeller trims to expand its hydraulic coverage. Each model will retain the same construction, including motor, while offering smaller diameter impellers to reach lower head requirements. This ability to offer trimmed impellers, with the same HP motor, will also provide the ability to handle industrial liquids with specific gravities higher than water.
The new SKG Series features patent-pending RAD-AX Dual Shredding Technology, to obliterate difficult solids. Items previously considered difficult or near impossible to pump are effectively handled through the innovative design of the SKG. The robust construction prevents downtime and reduces maintenance for longer life.
Top features include:
- • RAD-AX Dual Shredding Technology (Patent pending) featuring radial and axial shredding elements.
- • Hardened 440C Stainless Steel (HRC 55) shredding elements.
- • Controlled Shredding System Efficiency to alleviate potentially high surge load to the motor.
- • Large solids size passage through impeller and volute, coupled to a high torque 4-pole motor (2, 3, & 5 HP) for large solid shredding.
- • Oil-lubricated Double Mechanical Seal design, with separate lip seal to protect the motor.
- • Heavy Duty SOOW power cable and Seal Minder cable — for early warning pump and motor protection.
Tags: BJM Pumps, SKG High Performance Shredding Pumps