DEWALT recently announced the TOOL CONNECT Chip (DCE042), a Bluetooth beacon add-on, that allows tools to easily and wirelessly work with the Tool Connect System. The TOOL CONNECT System is designed to seamlessly track, assign and manage jobsite inventory to optimize productivity, saving time and budget. Integrating the Chip adds tracking capabilities that are compatible with TOOL CONNECT Site Manager software, available for web and mobile, which adds, manages, and tracks inventory for jobsite visibility. The TOOL CONNECT Chip can be installed in the designated pocket of Chip-Ready products to protect it from damage and is equipped with a blue identification light which helps locate and differentiate among identical tools.
The TOOL CONNECT Chip is currently compatible with the following products that are available now, with plans to expand to 15 additional DEWALT power tools within the next year.
- ATOMIC Compact Series 20V MAX* Brushless Cordless 1-3/4-In. Bandsaw (DCS377)
- 20V MAX* Brushless Hammer Drill with FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE Technology (DCD999)
- 20V MAX* Brushless 4-1/2-In.-5-In. Cordless Grinder with FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE Technology (DCG416)
- 20V MAX* Brushless Reciprocating Saw with FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE Technology (DCS386)
- 20V MAX* Brushless 7-1/4-In. Circular Saw with FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE Technology (DCS573)
- Select units within the ToughSystem 2.0 Storage System
DEWALT also offers the TOOL CONNECT Tag (DCE041) which seamlessly integrates with 31 Tag-ready tools that are currently available, with several more in development. The TOOL CONNECT Tag (DCE041) also attaches to jobsite assets regardless of brand, make, or model, using screws, zip-ties, industrial tape, glue and new corded tool tags held in place by security screws.
The TOOL CONNECT Chip will be available where DEWALT products are sold mid-year 2021 for $15 MSRP. The TOOL CONNECT Tag is available now for $39 MSRP. For more information on DEWALT tools visit www.DEWALT.com.
*With respect to 20V MAX*: Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18.Dewalt