Bullitt Group, the global licensee for Cat phones, recently announced the availability of the Cat S62 Pro for the U.S. market. The Cat S62 Pro is the most advanced thermal imaging smartphone available, powered by the highest resolution FLIR Lepton sensor and the new MyFLIR Pro app.
The Cat S62 Pro has top of the line rugged features that are synonymous with the Cat phones portfolio. It also boasts a 5.7” FHD+ (18×9) display, 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM memory, a fingerprint sensor and a large, optimized battery.
From over a decade of making devices ever more resilient for the needs of heavy work and the hard knocks of everyday life, Cat phones is also leading the way in device hygiene. The Cat S62 Pro can be easily and repeatedly cleaned without damage. It is fully waterproof* so can be submerged and scrubbed with soaps and disinfectants. It is bleach and chemical resistant (sanitizer friendly) and has absolutely no need for a case which can trap and accumulate germs.
“First released in Europe in 2020, the Cat S62 Pro has proven incredibly popular across a wide array of uses and we are excited to now bring it to the US,” said Peter Cunningham, VP Product Portfolio at Bullitt Group. “For our third-generation phone with an integrated FLIR thermal camera, we’ve used all our experience to ensure the Cat S62 Pro is the ultimate thermal phone. It has incredible detail from the FLIR Lepton 3.5, alongside adjustable settings and advanced functionality within the MyFLIR Pro app, make it the obvious choice for a huge variety of professional needs.”
Tested to Cat phones’ demanding, market leading rugged standards, the Cat S62 Pro surpasses the requirements to achieve Ingress Protection ratings of IP68 and IP69, and US military standard, Mil Spec 810H. It has undergone rigorous testing including repeated drop tests from 1.8m onto steel, with multiple drops onto every side and corner. It also endures extensive waterproof, dirt and dust proof, temperature extreme survivability, vibration and tumble tests.
The third generation of the thermal Cat phone, the S62 Pro is highly sensitive to minute temperature differences, offering a 4x increase in the number of thermal pixels over its predecessor and providing unmatched features within the application. For the first time, professionals and consumers can access FLIR Systems VividIR™ image processing, enhanced MSX® (Multi-Spectral Dynamic Imaging), and visible-to-thermal alpha blending technologies integrated into their smartphone.
The Cat S62 Pro allows users to vary the intensity of MSX, which overlays visual outline detail from the scene onto the thermal image. In addition, the new alpha blending feature combines thermal detail with the visual image from the Sony dual-pixel camera. Together these upgrades deliver dramatically enhanced image quality, sharper images, and higher thermal resolution to provide greater context and understanding of the image.
The new software enables analytic and reporting features typically found in higher end, dedicated thermal imaging products. Combined with the smartphone’s connectivity, it can be used to troubleshoot or share images in real time back to base for instant analysis and advice, saving crucial time on the job.
Isotherm alarming enables users to monitor a custom temperature range anywhere between -4°F to +752°F and add alerts when something falls within a specified range. This is particularly impactful when watching for machinery to reach a specified temperature or even at home to monitor when the grill is up to temperature.
“By providing FLIR Systems latest Lepton thermal sensor for the Cat S62 Pro, we are continuing a tradition of innovation that now spans three generations of Cat phones to help professionals perform work more quickly and accurately,” said Paul Clayton, General Manager, Components Business at FLIR. “Integrating the MyFLIR Pro app also provides users advanced thermography features for the first time on a smartphone, maximizing the utility of seeing and detecting heat energy invisible to the naked eye.”
* Tested to IPX8
- Integrated FLIR thermal camera
- Lepton 3.5 professional grade camera
- 1440 x 1080 HD output with VividIR
- MSX linear overlay from the visual camera
- Measurable temperature range of -4°F to 752°F
- Picks up heat and measures surface temperatures from a distance of up to 30m
- Scalable and movable regions of interest with ‘hottest’ and ‘coldest’ indicators
- Horizontal field of vision is expanded to 57 degrees to capture more of the scene
- 9 thermal color palettes to choose from depending on the situation
- PDF reporting
- Powerful 4,000mAh battery (supports fast charging)
- Water / Dust proof (IP68 & IP69), Drop tested to 6 ft onto steel, MIL SPEC 810H, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6
- Waterproof Smartphone – up to 5 ft for 35 minutes
- Fully waterproof and submergible – Scrub with soaps and disinfectants
- Bleach resistant – Bleach wipe test with 3000 cycles
- Chemical resistant – Alcohol abrasion test with 100 cycles, real world chemical susceptibility, sanitiser friendly
- No case required
- Super Bright 5.7″ FHD+ 18×9 display optimized for outdoor use with a touchscreen that can be used with wet fingers or when wearing gloves
- Android™ 10 (with upgrade to 11)
- 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD™)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, 2.0GHz octa-core processor
- 12MP Sony dual pixel rear camera, 8MP front camera
- LTE Cat 13, VoLTE, VoWiFi, ViLTE
- Hardwearing, non-slip rubberized TPU back
- Programmable Shortcut Key useful for Push to Talk (PTT), SOS (Lone worker app), or to easily launch its flashlight or camera
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Curated apps and content catalogue
- Dual and single SIM variants – Nano SIM + microSD™ (separate microSD and SIM slots)
- Comprehensive 2-year warranty
- Android Enterprise Ready
- Security updates cover for 3 years (Comprising two years of quarterly security maintenance releases, plus one year of emergency security maintenance releases)
- Zero-touch support
The Cat S62 Pro smartphone retails for $699 via www.catphones.com and via multiple retailers.Tags: Bullitt Group, Cat, Caterpillar, Smartphones