Travers Tool recently announced our first ever Metalworking Student Scholarship, which offers $1,000 in tools for students enrolled in metalworking programs at vocational, technical schools, community colleges or universities. As your metalworking experts, Travers Tool is thrilled to sponsor the industry’s next generation of machinists.
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the U.S.
- Enrolled at the graduate level, undergraduate level or your final year of high school
Aged seventeen (17) years or older
- Completed metalworking classes in the last calendar year
- Applications must be received by December 31, 2018
- Please send your application via email — email@example.com
- There is no formal printed application from Travers Tool, all necessary information is on this page
- No need to print this page; just send your written response and contact information
- Do not send any letters of recommendation, tax returns, bank balances, resumes or CVs
- Applicants grant permission for Travers to publish project photos and publicly announce winner
Your application should include:
- Section 1: A personal essay — limited to three paragraphs, and between 500 and 1,500 words — about yourself and your interest in metalworking.
- Section 2: A project review detailing — in writing, with pictures and/or diagrams — a machining project that you completed. It should cover the tools you used, your deployed methods, and it should explain the goal of your completed work.
- First & last name
- Email address