American Pneumatic Tools (APT) recently announced the addition of a retrofit dust suppression spray kit to its equipment line up. The 36-inch spray kit is Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliant with the ability to attach to all sizes of APT handheld breakers, rivet busters and chipping hammers.
The versatile spray kit allows workers to flush out harmful jobsite dust before it becomes airborne, minimizing silica dust exposure. The kit comes equipped with a mist nozzle covering an 80-degree cone around the tool at 40 pounds per square inch (psi) of pressure. The nozzle easily attaches to a garden hose and is capable of producing six gallons of water per hour.
In response to OSHA’s Crystalline Silica Rule that took effect September 2017, the APT spray kit complies with OSHA’s Table 1 of engineering and work practice control methods. The regulation protects construction workers from exposure to respirable crystalline silica.
“We strive to provide reliable service and products to our customers and our new spray kit allows us to meet both OSHA’s standards and our own,” said Todd Granger, vice president at APT. “The spray kit is an affordable option for workers and offers simple and complete protection on the jobsite.”
Additional required respiratory and assigned protection factors (APF) for operators are as follows:
- Outdoors, four hours or less: No protection needed
- Outdoors, four hours or more: APF 10 dust mask or elastomeric that needs to be fit tested
- Indoors, four hours or less: APF 10 dust mask or elastomeric that needs to be fit tested
- Indoors, four hours or more: APF 10 dust mask or elastomeric that needs to be fit tested
- The APT dust suppression spray kit is now available in the U.S. market.