Does the cooler weather have you stuck inside? Grab some mini marshmallows, toothpicks, straws and pipe cleaners and build some houses. Check out two projects below!
- Mini marshmallows
1. Poke 4 toothpicks into 4 marshmallows to make a square.
2. Poke 4 more toothpicks into the marshmallows so they are standing up. Add one marshmallow on the top of each toothpick.
3. Make a square by adding 4 toothpicks and connecting the marshmallows. Now you have a cube!
4. Add a roof by adding 4 more toothpicks and connecting them in the middle with a marshmallow.
- Plastic straws
- Pipe cleaners
1. Cut straws and pipe cleaners into smaller pieces.
2. Poke a pipe cleaner into a straw and bend. Add more straws and pipe cleaners until you make a square.
3. Bend 4 pipe cleaners and poke them into the corners of the square so they are standing up. Add 4 straw pieces. Bend and poke 4 more pipe cleaners and add straws to make a second square. Now you have a cube!
4. Add and bend 4 more pipe cleaners and straws to make a roof. Connect by bending pipe cleaners and poking them into the diagonal straws.
Final Step: Now it’s time to play!
Tags: Crafts, Jobsite Juniors, Kid's Fun