Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, recently introduced the new PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 hydraulic excavators, two machines with tight tail swing radii, swing booms and convex sliding doors that hug the machine to help with work in tight spaces. Featuring 2.19 liter, 38-hp, EPA Tier 4 Final, 4D88E-7 engines, the new PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 use up to five percent less fuel than their predecessors with no loss to performance or productivity.
“The PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 are designed for versatility, maneuverability, comfort and low operating costs,” said Kurt Moncini, Komatsu America product manager. “For most confined-area jobsites with construction, utility, landscaping or similar applications, this is the right tool for the job,” Moncini said.
The new Tier 4 Final engine is not only more fuel efficient, it has an after-treatment system that requires no diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). The Komatsu diesel particulate filter (KDPF) and other after-treatment components are also specifically designed to work in harmony with the engine for added efficiency and long life. Additionally, the following features and improvements come standard on the PC45MR-5 and PC55MR-5 excavators:
- Enhanced working modes that allow operators to match engine speed and pump delivery to the application.
- Wide service doors that provide easy access for ground-level maintenance.
- A high-strength, X-track frame that deters dirt and debris buildup, saving operators valuable machine clean-up time.
- A tilt-up cab for easy access to hydraulic components and the back of the engine.
- New auto-idle shutdown and economy modes help save fuel and reduce machine wear.
- ROPS and OPG Level 1 certified cab and canopy options provide a durable, secure operator work environment.
- Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor provide key machine metrics, including KDPF status, fuel level, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts.
- New 3.5-in., high resolution LCD monitor with Ecology Guidance helps operators monitor machine performance to maximize fuel efficiency.
- Standard auxiliary piping for attachments and thumb mount provision on the arm provide job versatility in applications ranging from digging to demolition work, grabbing scrap to laying sewer pipe.