The DX20ZE-7 mini excavator will be the first mass-produced electric-powered excavator manufactured by Develon, formerly known as Doosan construction equipment. The 2-metric-ton excavator will combine low-noise, zero emissions with the features and performance enhancements that are found on the next-generation -7 Series family of mini excavators.
“The DX20ZE-7 is designed to meet a growing demand for electric machines,” says Thomas Lee, director of product management at Develon. “As compact equipment, such as mini excavators, has a higher tendency to work in cities and residential areas, where it has proximity to other workers, it has a great advantage over the diesel counterpart due to less noise and no emissions.”
Retractable tracks allow the new excavator to pass through narrow passages and entrances/exits, making it ideal for working in confined spaces or indoor applications such as demolition and construction. Once the excavator reaches the work area, the operator can expand the tracks for better stability and lifting capacity. With its compact dimensions, the DX20ZE-7 is an excellent solution for construction and rental companies working in sensitive areas where low noise or night-time work is necessary.
The DX20ZE-7 mini excavator is powered by an in-house-developed 20.4 kWh lithium-ion battery pack, with all of the electrical system and components on the machine optimized for work in harsh environments. A quick-charger system restores 80% of the battery power after only one hour of charging, while the on-board charger restores the maximum charge after six hours of charging.
Telematics is standard on the DX20ZE-7 mini excavator. Operators and dealers can remotely monitor their machine’s health, location and productivity from an app or website. Telematics can help owners:
- Minimize equipment theft and allow for machine tracking.
- Avoid unauthorized use of the machine.
- See when maintenance is due.
- Customize alerts to a customer’s schedule.
- Track oil pressure, operating temperature and more.
- Use data to train operators for maximum productivity.
DX20ZE-7 Mini Excavator Specs
- Rated power, electric motor: 18.4 hp (13.7 kW)
- Battery capacity: 51.6 V (20.4 kWh)
- Operating weight: 4,266 lb. (1,935 kg)
- Maximum digging depth: 92.5 in. (2,350 mm)
- Maximum digging reach (ground): 152.6 in. (3,875 mm)
- Maximum loading height: 103.3 in. (2625 mm)
Mini excavators are making big waves on jobsites all over North America. Click here for the latest news on these machines and the companies that make them.