ICYMI: JCB’s Hydrogen Engines, CONEXPO News and Other Cool Headlines from the Week
Another week down and another week closer to CONEXPO. As you can tell by our site these days, companies are getting excited for the show and there will be a ton of news to share before, during and after the event. Come see what we were up to this week. Hint: There was a bunch of CONEXPO stuff. Duh.
1. JCB’s Hydrogen Engines. Last week, Publisher Keith Gribbins had the chance to visit JCB where the company showcased its prototype equipment that runs on hydrogen combustion engines. Go see photos from this amazing experience!
2. John Deere and CONEXPO. Who’s ready for CONEXPO? John Deere is! The company just announced plans for its biggest presence ever at the giant trade show. Good thing I just ordered some comfy walking shoes.
3. Hyundai’s Re-Entry News. In more CONEXPO news, Hyundai Construction Equipment Americas recently revealed plans for its participation at the show. Its huge exhibit space will include brand-new excavators, as well as skid steers and track loaders — marking the company’s re-entry into that market. Eek!
4. Wheel Loaders Have Gone Electric. Are you curious about electric compact wheel loaders? Well, we spoke with Dr. Ray Gallant from Volvo Construction Equipment about what makes this type of equipment category a good candidate for electrification. It’s a great read! (And I’m not just saying that because I wrote it. I promise!)
5. CWL Cab Evolution. Diving further into compact wheel loaders, Hitachi‘s Matt Koester wrote an awesome article on how the machines’ cabs have evolved with new designs that put operators first. Find out how comfy seating, well-placed controls and noise levels all play a role in the evolution.
We’d love to keep in touch! Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn!Tags: Hitachi Construction Machinery Americas Inc., Hyundai Construction Equipment Americas, JCB, John Deere, Volvo Construction Equipment